Starting a Business...The Upside!
Last week you heard the tough talk of owning a business. Today, consider the upside.
1. Leaving an old job that has become too comfortable and that no longer offers opportunities in growth or creativity.
2. Turning a new page, the excitement of starting from scratch and of making all of your own decisions (for better or for worse!).
3. Figuring out a strategic plan, a business direction, and a method and process for finding business prospects, creating a relationship with clients, and serving their needs in a way that benefits both of you.
4. Working with people I like, and who like me. So fun!
5. Realizing that my knowledge, experience, and expertise have value. And clients are willing to pay for what I can do to help move their business ahead in the game.
6. Flexing my time. I may work all weekend, but hang out a few hours with a friend on a Tuesday? Work on vacation? Sure! I can take as much vacation as I want doing that!
7. Having complete comfort, confidence and satisfaction in a business decision I have made. By myself. Without worrying about questions or repercussions from the powers that be!
8. Being recommended to new clients by my current clients.
9. Being a conduit of connection to other business owners. I love introducing two individuals who are like-minded or may be able to commiserate or work together in some way.
10. The amazing friends I have made through networking and the support system and connections we share with each other. (Thanks, Joan! 😉)
“Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.”