Earning and Learning
Ivan Misner, Founder and Chief Visionary Officer of BNI (Business Networking International) once said, “If you want to keep earning, you’ve got to keep learning.”
This resonates with me--I appreciate the wisdom I’ve acquired in every one of my career experiences. I’d love to hear what you have to say on this subject!
1. How have you evolved since beginning your career or opening your business? If you were to step back in time, how would that first year in business compare to how you operate now?
2. Many of us veered from our educational backgrounds and college majors as we developed our careers. What foundational knowledge and experiences do you have from school that help you in your current profession?
3. What did you learn in your first part-time job in high school that is still valuable today?
4. What new business knowledge have you gained over the past week? This can range from learning how to use a new social media platform, to managing your PPP loan, to understanding how to best communicate with remote staff. There’s something new every day!
5. How do other opportunities (such as volunteer work, your side-hustle, raising a family) help to enhance your business?
One more thing to keep in mind. We learn even when we make mistakes. Embrace wrong decisions or career moves. You learned from them. If nothing else, you learned not to do it again!